Translate

Monday, September 17, 2012

    I was so proud of these 3rd graders today.  We spent a long time sitting on the carpet this morning talking about how to do turn and talks, practicing how to use academic language, and being active listeners.  We were on the carpet for an hour of reading, 30 minutes of social skills lessons, and 15 minutes of calendar work all in a row.  That is a long time for third graders to stay focused on the carpet!
    We learned about the rock cycle today, and used that information as well as our own observations to categorize rocks by their properties. 
    Tomorrow we will be learning a bit more about our upcoming election.  I know that the Presidential Race is important and can be controversial.  Please feel free to come to me with any questions or comments that you have on what we are learning in class.  I always appreciate your help and feedback, and I love to see and hear from families.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment