Today we worked on using dictionaries, and we practiced more mental math strategies. We also continued our work on classifying rocks based on their properties. I have noticed a big improvement in our mental math strategy building. I understand that the concepts we are using are not the same ones that us adults learned to use, but using the strategy we teach students now helps them to math quickly and accurately. Practice is a big part of building this strategy, so don't be concerned if it is still a struggle.
The Book Fair is on now, and our library day is tomorrow so we will have a chance to be looking at all the amazing things for sale in the library. Thank you so much Setter Family for the new book for our book library! I also want to thank our volunteers. It is because of your help that our classroom library is now online. This week I will be teaching students how to use the library online to check out books on their own.
No comments:
Post a Comment